So Kyle and I watched Julie & Julia a while ago and I LOVED the movie. What a great idea--make every recipe in a cookbook from front to back. I admitted to Kyle that I secretly would love to do that. Silly dream? Probably, but it's still a dream nonetheless. So we looked at the Julia Child cookbook to see what we would be eating for a while if I did this. I can honestly say I don't think my taste buds are sophisticated enough to make everything in there, nor is my allotted budget for groceries enough to buy some of the ingredients. Bummer!
I'm sure you're wondering why I'm writing about this and it's because....I FOUND ANOTHER COOKBOOK TO DO THIS WITH!!! On our trip back from Colorado, my Mom and I found a cookbook by The Pioneer Woman. It is awesome! I knew in the back of my mind, why are we buying this???? These recipes are probably posted on her blog, but I figured, why not support the amazing woman with the purchase of her super awesome, colorful, picture loaded, funny, did I say amazing yet, cookbook.

If you love comfort food and you love cookbooks that are loaded with pictures, this one is for you! So here it goes, I'm just gonna go for it. I'm gonna try to make at least 1 recipe a week until I get this thing finished. Keep the goals reasonable and attainable, right? We'll shoot for 1 a week, but hopefully I can do more.
Kyle told me we need to bring a dish to share to an event tonight, so last night I made:
(click on the link for the recipe....this was one that was on her blog!)
It smells amazing, but we'll see how it tastes tonight! I'll keep you posted with what everyone thinks.
No comments:
Post a Comment