Sunday, June 10, 2012

Serve Day

Yesterday was a Serve Day through our Church.  We have been going through a series called, "What if the Church?"  and asking ourselves what if we actually did as Christ is calling us to do in this broken world.  Sharing love, our time, the gospel, friendship, etc....  We signed up to serve with other community members at a local Elementary school that really needed a lot of tlc. Kyle's job was to work on a rock garden and I wish we would have gotten a picture of it.  It was beautiful, they did a great job.  We were supposed to work on that as well, but it was not really possible with the kiddos, so we went to help pull weeds and place mulch around the flower beds at the entrance of the school.  I actually forgot my camera, but a friend sent me some pictures that I am sharing with you.  Thanks Amy! :)
Some of the kiddos sitting down for a break and snack.  They did a great job helping.  

 Another Stephannie (yes, that's the correct spelling of her name... :)) and I pulling the trash can over so the kids could dump the weeds in it.
The finished project.  :)  The kids at the school planted these flowers but there were tons and tons of weeds that were all around them.  We ripped them all out and then put mulch around them.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment